[NAGDU] Have a question

David david at bakerinet.com
Tue May 9 13:24:03 UTC 2017

I would think you have the right to have your pup accompany you to the
pool and you do not have to ask anyone.  To me, the issue would involve
how my dog handles being on a tie-down.  The precociousness of children
and the ability of adults to respect Darcy's status might be an issue,
too, but a harness sign might help with that.  It might give you a
chance to educate your neighbors.

I've never left Claire Rose in the 22 months we've been together, except
when I've headed into a store with a cane, and then she is in the car
with my wife.  (Swimming pool supply stores have too many chemicals for
me to feel comfortable having her with me in them.)  I may have done
that five or six times. Even in the hospital, she was with me as we
wandered around on a gurney getting tests.  Since the doors in the
hallways were so narrow, they just had her hop up on the gurney with
me.  We did get a lot of funny looks and some cute comments from staff.
I'm sure the image, her lying beside me with her head on my shoulder,
must have startled a few folks.

While I could trust her alone in the house, I've just never done that.

In the event that you are challenged, you can show the ADA rules and/or
state law.

David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL