[NAGDU] How are guide dogs receaved at national convention?

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon May 22 20:29:20 UTC 2017

Dogs are received at national convention fine. The days of the nasties are
gone. There will always be people in big groups who are not kind. People
most don't apologize if they hit or trip you with their cane or if they
inadvertently it your dog, and most of the time they don't get all bent out
of shape if you inadvertently it them with a door, though they might a
little bit if it hurt. *smile* Last time I took my dog he was barkin and
growling at other dogs, and though I had a good grip on him, people told me
to control him, and those folks were actually dog handlers. I quit taking
him to conventions after that because it was making me crazy to take him.
Convention is a stressful time for all concerned I think, so one has to be a
little flexible and forgiving. I think about 95% it is a good experience.
Cindy Lou Ray
cindyray at gmail.com