[NAGDU] Churches and service dogs

Sunshine halogirl817 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 14:41:53 UTC 2017

As far as churches are concerned, and this is not off topic, if I couldn't take my dog to church any Sunday I desire, I wouldn't attend that church. I'd find one that would accept my guide. I've not ever been refused from attending any church regardless of it's denomination. I did join a group of people on Saturdays and services were held in a church, but they were not the Sunday services. Actually it was the Apostolate for the Handicapped in Chicago. I was taking my dog, but received a call from the person who formulated the group telling me that I had to leave my dog at home. He said, "Another person leaves her dog at home!" My response was, "That's her, but it won't be me. I'm gone more than six hours and it wouldn't be fair to my dog." He said, "The people in wheelchairs are afraid of the dogs." So, I didn't attend their activities.

What was asked to discontinue discussion on was the LDS Temples!

Sunshine and