[NAGDU] Haircuts

Alysha alyshaj at comcast.net
Mon Oct 9 17:05:19 UTC 2017

Hi Andy,
I sometimes take my dog to get my hair cut, and I just hold his leash and
have him lay in front of the chair. If your dog isn't great at keeping
still, it would probably be worthwhile to work on obedience before trying
this because you don't want to have to be constantly resettling him while
someone is cutting your hair. I did have an incident once where there were
drips of hair dye on the floor that I didn't know about, and my dog laid on
them. He had a pink spot I couldn't remove on his shoulder for a couple of
months after that! Mostly, unless I'm running other errands, I just leave my
dog home for a haircut because navigating the salon isn't that difficult,
and I won't have to worry about holding him and keeping him out of the way.

Best,
Alysha