[NAGDU] Taking my dog to college football games

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Sep 16 14:21:02 UTC 2017

I wouldn't do it, especially not this soon.  From past posts, you are
expecting a great deal from your dog.  He might be fine and he might not.  A
football game is an exceptionally intense environment for a dog.   I don't
think you have enough experience together for you to know if he'll be okay.
It's also likely that if he's not ready or able to cope with the game, that
you will create long lasting issues.

I live about two blocks from where the high school plays football.  We are
able to clearly hear the loud speaker, fans and the cannon that is used at
the beginning of the game and when the home team scores.  I currently have
two dogs, one isn't bothered by the games, the other is. Mutt muffs wouldn't
help.  The issue isn't that the noise hurts her ears, it's that she feels
like she's in a war zone and it's scary.  I get it.  If I was somewhere
where I didn't speak the language and there was a lot of yelling and
explosions it would be nerve racking.

Can you go to part of the game so your dog would only be home a couple of
hours?  Or can you call around to find a friend to dog sit?

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>