[NAGDU] More warning

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Sep 20 12:45:07 UTC 2017

Monty is somewhat this way.  He drinks a fair bit more than most dogs I've
had.  He also goes through stretches where I need to restrict his water or
he will drink dangerous amounts.   Like you, we've been to the vet a number
of times and they never find anything.

He doesn't have indoor accidents though or at least not yet.  He's 10 now
though.

I have bells on the door which he can bump when he'd like to go out.  He's
pretty good about only ringing them when he actually has to do something.
Belle though, she'd ring them when she wanted to sunbathe, check out what
the neighbors were doing or just for the joy of going outside.

How much advance warning he gives  is still up to him though.  I don't know
how you could go about increasing that time.  I like the bells though,
because they have me trained.  I can be immersed in another activity and the
bells always get my attention.  I don't have to worry about missing
something the dog is trying to communicate.  I work from home and spend a
lot of time in highly concentrated work where I don't always pay attention
to the subtle things going on elsewhere in the house.

Good luck!
Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>