[NAGDU] Long international flights and dog relief

Miranda B. knownoflove at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 00:35:39 UTC 2018

Hi again everyone,

Ok, I'm back with another travel question-this one of the international
variety. I wrote a few months back and mentioned the possibility of
traveling to Athens, Greece. If I were to indeed travel to Athens with my
dog, it looks like my longest flight would be from Philadelphia, PA to
Athens. It looks like this flight would be 9 hours. My first thought was,
"My poor dog!" My second thought however was, "Come on. I cannot possibly be
the first handler to travel internationally with my dog."

As we discussed before, I'd rather have a direct flight from somewhere in
the U.S., to avoid needing documentation for more countries than absolutely
necessary.

For those of you who have traveled internationally with your dog, how did
you deal with the long flights and inability to relieve your dog during
those long flights? I would minimize food and water intake for my dog prior
to beginning the trip. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks as always for your time and assistance, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda