[NAGDU] Long international flights and dog relief

Gary rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 11 03:55:48 UTC 2018

hi:

with my previous dog Bogart, we flew from Vancouver for to London which was an 9.5 hour flight.  I did the food/water cut back.  I was lucky that my flight was later in the day so I could take the dog for a long run in the morning when he could still have water and really get to rellieve himself.  when we got to the UK the officials who were supposed to meet us had read my itinerary  wrong and showed up the day before. so it took extra time to get out of the airport.  I was lucky that I had a car to take me into London so I asked the driver to stop before we got on the highway where there was grass to let Bogart go pee and give him some water.

I knew that he had gone 12-13 hours on a long overnight a few times so it shouldn't have been too much of a problem and he did fine.

I agree that the direct flight is a better way to go.

good luck.

gary