[NAGDU] Dog and New Baby

alysha.jeans at gmail.com alysha.jeans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 23:11:51 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm interested to hear anyone's experiences of bringing home a new baby with
a guide dog. I'm due with my first baby in January and want to make sure
thins go smoothly for everyone involved. Did you find any strategies
particularly helpful in introducing and accustoming your dog to the baby?
Were there any unexpected struggles or things you wish you had done with
your dog to help the transition go well? Everything I've read online says
it's important to very closely supervise all interactions between kids and
dogs no matter how much you trust your dog, but much of that advice relies
on reading body language that I might not notice unless I was in constant
physical contact with my dog. Especially as your child became mobile, did
you find it easy to know if your dog was becoming stressed or anxious du to
the child's actions? I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice!

Thanks,

Alysha