[NAGDU] Airline Industry Secret Shopper

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 14 16:28:23 UTC 2018

Dave,

                Would you please send this to the NFBNET subscribers' list
for us? Thank you very much!

Marion

Please circulate the following message as widely as appropriate.

Dear All,

                The National Federation of the Blind, through its special
interest division the National Association of Guide Dog Users is continuing
its efforts to ensure that disabled airline passengers who choose to use
service animals are treated equitably and respectfully. To this end, we have
met with a number of airline executives and with Blane Workie, Assistant
General Counsel in the Office of Aviation and Enforcement Proceedings in the
Department of Transportation.

                Representatives of the National Federation of the Blind and
the National Association of Guide Dog Users will be meeting with upper
management of Delta for our third quarterly meeting to assess how well they
are fulfilling the terms of our agreements and complying with the Air
Carrier Access Act. Specifically, we would like to assess how informed their
Disability Customer Service Representatives know Delta's policies concerning
the carriage of service animals in the aircraft cabin and their ability to
communicate these policies to their customers.

We are seeking individuals willing to help us with our assessment by calling
Delta's disability customer service line and ask some specific questions. So
that our assessments are valid and reliable, we would like to discuss this
initiative with those willing to make one call and send a written narrative
of the call. If you are interested in helpin out with this effort, please
join us for this meeting.

When Sunday September 16, 2018

When: 8:00 p.m. Eastern (7:00 p.m. Central; 6:00 p.m. Mountain; & 5:00 p.m.
Pacific)

Call-in Number: 641-715-3300

Participant Code: 560908#

We look forward to gathering some great information to help make our work
more effective. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask on
this list or send me an email directly to

President at NAGDU.ORG

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

Visit our website <http://nagdu.org/>

Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/nagdu>

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.