[NAGDU] Lease contract provisions regarding service dogs

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Apr 6 14:37:40 UTC 2019

This is a Fair Housing Act, FHA, issue, not an ADA issue.   If the landlord
means that you will have to pay for the repairs/cleaning if needed, then
yes, I believe it is legal.  If he is going to make you pay as a matter of
course, then that would seem to be a problem.  That said, presumably this
would all play out after you have moved out.  Not sure how you would be able
to prove that their weren't fleas/dirt/whatever.  What does your gut feeling
tell you about the landlord?  My experience suggest that people are either
decent or not and that generally that is apparent from the beginning.

I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving Nebraska.  You will be missed!
Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>