[NAGDU] alternative lists and social media: was researching about getting a guide dog

mike at michaelhingson.com mike at michaelhingson.com
Sun Dec 29 20:46:11 UTC 2019

Andrew and all,

Thanks for your comments. Actually, I could have exited the towers without a
guide dog. After all, how magical is it to walk down stairs, go through a
lobby and small mall and then walk out a door? Having said the above,
running away from Tower Two's collapse without a guide dog would have been a
different story. For that, I am most grateful for Roselle and her focus.

Remember always, the purpose of a guide dog is not to know where you want to
go and how to get there. The purpose of a guide dog is to keep you safely
walking, or running as the case may be, while you deliver commands to the
dog such as forward, left, right and so on. You are and must be the captain
of the team. A good captain also knows when to let others on the team do
their jobs.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson