[NAGDU] FW: People: Oregon Guide Dog Injured in Hit-and-Run as Authorities Search for Driver

Charlene Ota caota4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:17:51 UTC 2019

A friend forwarded this story to me today, and on one hand, it’s a very sad story about this person’s guide dog being hit by a car. However, it just bugs me how the story is written, kind of like the guide dog was out for a walk and happened to have this person trailing behind her or something. Again, if this person happens to be on the list, my heart goes out to you it’s just the crazy way we get portrayed that bugs me.

Charlene

Oregon Guide Dog Injured in Hit-and-Run as Authorities Search for Driver
People

Oregon authorities are looking for the driver involved in a hit-and-run that severely injured a guide dog as she helped her owner cross a street. On Tuesday evening, 4-year-old Sapphire, a labrador/golden cross, was walking with her owner, Tiffany Taylor, in Clackamas Town Center near Portland, according to a Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office news release. As the pair walked across a street in a crosswalk, a vehicle hit Sapphire, causing her severe head trauma and injuring her leg. The vehicle Read the full story <https://apple.news/ANNMiQseaRKCS4clFwynd2Q>

Shared from Apple News <https://www.apple.com/news/>

/Nara Murphy