[NAGDU] differences between male and female guide dogs

Martine Abel martine.the1 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jun 13 06:33:53 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I don't find differences in work ethic or keenness, but other interesting
differences:
My first dog was a Lab Retriever Golden Retriever cross. She was very
destination focussed, but I got told that the Goldens have gotten that
stubbornness and destination focussed-nes rather than that it was a gender
thing.
My two boys since were more  laid back yet working well.
There was a marked difference though when I let them off to do free running.
The girl would do her business and return to me while the boys would spend
much longer, marking their territory wherever they could.

Cheers
Martine