[NAGDU] differences between male and female guide dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jun 13 14:26:31 UTC 2019

I've had 4 male guides and 3 females, plus lived with several male dogs
since I was born.
I used to think that males were more affectionate and cuddly, but my last
male wasn't, and my last female was, so gues I was wrong.
My last 4 dogs, both males and females, have been about the same size, from
53 to 62 pounds.  That's the size I like, so that's what I've gotten.
My last 2 males have been more apt to try and mark, peeing on poles while we
wait to cross the street, but my previous males didn't try that nonsense.
My females haven't tried that, but it's easy for a guy to lift his leg and
give a squirt.

I'll be happy with either gender, next time around.
Tracy