[NAGDU] Forward together, an inside look at guide dog training. By Christy Bain

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Thu Dec 10 05:18:03 UTC 2020

HiKevan,

You’ve got Christie pegged just right.

I bought this book on Kindle when she first released it. Due to other commitments, I haven’t finished reading it, but as I said before, I have tremendous respect for Christie, and it’s very clear to me that she has tremendous respect for us. And, of course, for dogs. She is also one who believes in our capacities as blind people to not only work with our dogs but to train them. I, in training my current one, received nothing but encouragement and support from her. And, I guess that’s OK, because her partner, Will Henry, longtime TSE instructor who was briefly training director for Leader and now works for GDB as a field instructor, met me and the hildabeast when she was only 2 years old and actively working for something over 6 months, and apparently sang our praises to her. Or, at least, the Hildabeast’s praises. Anyway, she’s good people, she knows what she’s about, and all of that came through in the part of the book I’ve read so far.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy at brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962