[NAGDU] shepherds etc.

sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 16 00:53:32 UTC 2021

I would think if you could get a look at the contract you will be required
to sign when you receive your dog, that will tell you much about a school:
First, how easy is it to get?
Second, does the document reflect respect for the handler as well as the
school?

Looking at the endgame is often a good way to learn about where the rubber
meets the road with each school.

Another way is to simply talk with the admissions personnel at the schools
you're interested in:  Are they forthright about their information?  Is it
easy to get answers to your questions?  Or do they speak in very general
terms, not giving you any clear answers?  Are their websites easy to
navigate, and is their information easy to understand?  Are their forms
readily available and easy to understand and complete?  Or are their
websites difficult to manage, full of vague and unintelligible information,
broken links, outdated statistics?
Are they willing to refer you to a couple of graduates with whom you can
discuss your choice of a school and training program?

The above are some of the things I would try when looking for a guide dog
school, especially when getting one's first guide.

Kind regards,
Susan

sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net