[NAGDU] Guide dog schools and puppy raisers

marianne at denningweb.com marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Nov 8 16:27:18 UTC 2021

The Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users had a long time puppy raiser talk to
us about raising puppies for a school. We asked if a blind person could be a
puppy raiser and she said one woman who was legally blind did it but there
is so much that requires vision that she did not believe a blind person
could be a puppy raiser. A blind friend is also interested in becoming a
puppy raiser so she attended a meeting at another school and the same thing
was said at that meeting. I am concerned schools are discriminating against
blind people being puppy raisers and I would like to get information from
the different schools and have NAGDU work to change their attitudes.

Marianne Denning