[NAGDU] Dogs and Canes in Tandem?

Stacie Gallegos sgallegos at nfbtx.org
Thu Apr 28 12:38:14 UTC 2022

Hello there. This is a great question. I have had two guide dogs. And am
hoping to get my third and the near future. Using your cane along with your
dog is absolutely no problem and I personally think it is a great idea to
have a cane with you. With my first dog, I was at a conference, and he got
sick. Had I not had my cane, I would not have had a way to travel
independently. I look at it as having a toolbox and having all kinds of
tools at your disposal for whatever situation may come about.

---
Stacie Gallegos / President
National Federation of the Blind Houston Chapter
(346) 704-0190 | SGallegos at nfbtx.org