[NAGDU] NAGDU Annual Business Meeting Agenda

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Sun Jul 3 21:08:37 UTC 2022

Hello everyone, please find attached to this email and pasted below my
signature, the NAGDU Annual Business Meeting Agenda. While registration is
not required to attend, it is highly encouraged. Also, for those who will be
attending in person and wish to vote, you will need to be current with your
dues. Registration information and joining NAGDU information can be found
from this link: https://nagdu.org/national-convention

--

Raul Gallegos / President

National Association of Guide Dog Users

346-439-7444  |  rgallegos at nagdu.org <mailto:rgallegos at nagdu.org>

National Association of Guide Dog Users, Inc

2022 Annual Business Meeting AGENDA

National Federation of the Blind Convention: New Orleans, Louisiana

Date/Time: July 7, 2022, 6 - 9 PM Central

Where: New Orleans Marriott, Studio 9

Virtual Zoom ID: 843 6159 2584, Passcode 2022

Zoom Link:
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84361592584?pwd=NHdHbHdxYUI0Wk9hNXRML0dUalJ1Zz09>
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84361592584?pwd=NHdHbHdxYUI0Wk9hNXRML0dUalJ1Zz09

One-tap Mobile: +13462487799,,84361592584# US (Houston)
Manual Dial: (346)248-7799, followed by 843 6159 2584

Inclusivity, Diversity, and Code of Conduct

We are committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and healthy environment for
everyone. Thank you for cultivating an atmosphere of mutual respect in which
participants from diverse backgrounds can learn, network, and share with
each other. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression
of ideas. These principles have been outlined in our Code of Conduct found
at  <https://nfb.org/codeofconduct> https://nfb.org/codeofconduct.

Convention Safety Protocols and COVID-19 Testing

We ask that everyone do their part to keep our Federation family healthy and
safe in this era of COVID-19. We are implementing new systems to minimize
risk and ensure our community can comfortably enjoy an empowering convention
experience. Please thoroughly review our 2022 National Convention Safety
Protocols (
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/2022-national-convention-s
afety-protocols>
https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/2022-national-convention-sa
fety-protocols) and our National Convention COVID-19 Testing Protocols (
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/2022-national-convention-s
afety-protocols/covid-testing-protocols>
https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/2022-national-convention-sa
fety-protocols/covid-testing-protocols). These documents, along with the
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) answers on the testing protocols page, will
provide a wealth of information.

Most importantly, please help us by fully masking in all meetings, the
exhibit hall, and other public hotel spaces when not actively eating or
drinking. Attendees should also practice social distancing throughout
convention whenever possible.

6:00 - 6:25 - NAGDU meeting introductory comments, rollcall, and reports

*	Call meeting to order: Raul Gallegos, President, National
Association of Guide Dog Users
*	NFB Pledge: Alyssa Henson
*	Rollcall: Scott Wilson, Secretary

*	Welcome and Opening Remarks: Raul Gallegos
*	Meeting logistics: Paul Sandoval, Vice President

*	Secretary's report: Scott Wilson

*	Treasurer's report: Jessica Snyder

6:25 - 7:00 - Annual Reports

*	NAGDU Annual Report: Raul Gallegos
*	State Affiliate and Committee Guide Dog User Division Annual
Reports: Various Representatives.

7:00 - 7:30 - Updates from the NFB Legal Department

*	Information about legal updates concerning guide dog users

*	Presenters: Tim Elder, Attorney, TRE Legal Practice and Albert Elia,
Attorney and NAGDU Board Member

7:30 - 7:45 - Elections

*	Read nomination report: Jessica Snyder.
*	Elect President 2-yr term: Currently held by Raul Gallegos.
*	Elect Secretary 2-yr term: Currently held by Scott Wilson.
*	Elect First Board Position 2-yr term: Currently held by Cindy Ray.
*	Elect Second Board Position 2-yr term: Currently held by Jodi
Witthaus.

8:00 - 8:15 -50/50 Raffle Drawing and Final Comments

*	50/50 Raffle Drawing: Raul Gallegos
*	Final comments: NAGDU Board

*	Adjourn

8:15 - 8:45 - Welcome to Yappy Hour (in-person)

*	All participants are invited to stay as long as they wish after
meeting adjournment to socialize and reconnect with other guide dog users
and NAGDU members.

NAGDU Sponsors

The National Association of Guide Dog Users would like to thank On the Go by
Julie Johnson, the Texas Association of Guide Dog Users, and Worley
Enterprises for their contributions.

Contact and Participation With NAGDU

*	The National Association of Guide Dog Users can be contacted using
the following methods

*	Voice/Text: (346) 439-7444
*	Email:  <mailto:board at nagdu.org> board at nagdu.org
*	Website:  <http://www.nagdu.org/> www.nagdu.org