[NAGDU] Uber

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Tue Feb 7 00:14:04 UTC 2023

I am very glad to know we have a committee working on Uber and having talks
with them.  I sincerely hope we make progress.

In the meantime, if I really have to get somewhere on time, I call the car
service we used to use before Uber, or, better yet, somewhere along the line
we got the number for a good, reliable driver.  I try to give her a day's
notice, and I pay her more than I would Uber, but not as much as the car
service.  She gets cash in hand, and I get where I want to go with no worry
or fuss.

It's disgusting that I always feel anxious when calling an Uber, and it
shouldn't be that way, but at least there's a work-around for important
times.

Tracy