[NAGDU] Adding a service dog to an international trip

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Feb 26 17:17:13 UTC 2023

Thanks Bryan.
No, we're not going into Northern Ireland, which makes things less complicated.  But Ireland requires the pet passport.
I filled out the DOT forms, but United has no way for me to add a service animal to my trip and upload the forms.  One person at their disability desk said I'd be able to do that after I show them I have the passport.  Another said to just show up with the forms at the airport, which would be my very last choice.
When were you able to upload your DOT forms to your Netherlands trip?  Maybe it's different for you, since you previously took a US trip, so they already have the forms?

I'm sorry to hear going to Hawaii is more complicated than going to the EU.  We'd like to go some time.

It's nice to hear another international traveler's experience.
Tracy