[NAGDU] Training Regimens at the Schools and Requirements for Working A Dog

sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 30 18:23:39 UTC 2023

Diane and listers,

I can tell you a little about Guiding Eyes.  They have two-week classes,
with one instructor for every two trainees.  Their training is very
individualized according to your needs.  They do serve people with severe to
moderate hearing loss.  As long as you're willing to learn, and have places
you can walk with your dog, even if only at work or in your neighborhood,
they are glad to provide you with a guide dog and the training that you
need.
I think you would find the experience of going into class at least once
transformative and confidence-building.
I've been in class a few times, and have had two occasions of home training
that were also fabulous.

Kind regards,
Susan & Topher