[NAGDU] Airport Service Animal Relief Areas

nellie at culodge.com nellie at culodge.com
Wed Feb 14 15:25:45 UTC 2024

Hello Jackie,

When I flew through Tampa, there was absolutely no relieving area at all inside.  I had to get a TSA agent to take us back outside, across the back lot where the airport trucks were loading luggage to and from planes.  Thankfully it was not raining, and we were not running behind because the total endeavor took about 30 minutes.  When I got home, I contacted the disability office at the airport to complain.  They did respond back and said I was not the first one to complain.  They also were looking into building one inside, no idea if they ever did or not.
I have been to about 15 different relieving areas over they years, unfortunately the great majority of them are just like what you described in Cleveland.

I would think every airport has a disability contact office/person which you can find on their specific web site.

HTH, Janell and Occupaws guide dog, Dash