[NAGDU] Your fun not so good for your dog

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Thu Mar 14 23:23:01 UTC 2024

I just saw a bit from the big animal hospital in New York City warning that
magic mushrooms are not good for your dog.  No big surprise, but I mention
it.  Neither is marijuana.

I had a big panic one day at work.  My scavenging dog must have picked up
some pot somewhere along the way into the office.  By the time we arrived,
he was staggering.  My coworker helped me get a taxi to the emergency vet.
I had to carry him out of the building and into the vet.  He had to spend
the day there, getting fluids and being monitored.  Luckily for both of us,
he was fine later, and, luckily for me, the hospital gives free care to
service animals or I would have been out a bundle.

Many people I tell this story to think it's funny.  I was not laughing.  I
was very afraid that he had picked up some poison meant for pigeons or rats.
It was no fun for either of us.

These drugs are becoming more common, so I warn y'all, be careful as you can
be that your dog doesn't get any.

I often smell pot on my block, and I always worry that my silly dog will
pick some up again.

Tracy