[Ncabs] Blind Bargains.com Voting Has Started

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jan 22 02:03:32 UTC 2009

 From John G. Paré Jr.

Dear Colleagues:

I am writing to you to ask your help in
recognizing one of the most important inventors
of our time.  Blind Bargains.com is conducting
the voting round for its second annual Access
Technology Awards.  Ray Kurzweil and the
knfbReader Mobile have been nominated in three
different categories.  We, the blind users of
access technology, have the opportunity to tell
the world how much we appreciate and honor Ray Kurzweil and his inventions.

Please support Ray Kurzweil by voting in favor of
the nominations for his newest and most exciting
product and for Ray Kurzweil himself.  Here are
the particulars:   You can submit your vote by
visiting
<http://www.blindbargains.com/awardvote08.php>http://www.blindbargains.com/awardvote08.php

Only one vote in each category by each person is
permitted.  So, don't vote several times as your
ballots will not be counted.  Voting ends at 5:00
p.m. Eastern time on January 25, 2009.

The knfbReader Mobile is nominated in two
categories: Category 1, Best New Product or
Innovation, and Category 5, Best Software
Product.  Ray Kurzweil has been nominated in
Category 11 for Person of the Year.

There are many worthy nominations this year, but
I think you will agree that the work of Ray
Kurzweil has had a tremendous impact on the life
of each and every blind person not only in the
United States, but throughout the
world.   Working with the National Federation of
the Blind, Ray Kurzweil created the first truly pocket-sized reading machine.

Please join me in supporting this technology that
was created and produced side by side with the
organized blind.  Please visit
<http://www.blindbargains.com/awardvote08.php>http://www.blindbargains.com/awardvote08.php
and cast your votes before 5:00 p.m. Eastern time this Sunday.

Thank you in advance for your help.

John G. Paré Jr.
Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND