[Ncabs] I need your help

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at live.unc.edu
Thu Dec 6 20:55:33 UTC 2012

Hello fellow blind students of North Carolina,

As some of you may remember, I am trying to put together a presentation to give to sighted people about blindness. I want to get as much good information as I can from as many people as possible. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if each of you could write down a misconception that you think sighted people have about blind people (or blindness in general) and tell me on the call. If you cannot make the call, please email me your ideas.

A few examples that I have are:
Just because someone uses a cane doesn't mean that they are totally blind. There are different levels of blindness.
Blind people don't walk around feeling bad about being blind all the time.

These are just a few of mine.

Thanks and happy studying,

Kevin