[Ncabs] question about NC grad schools

Shickeytha Chandler shickeytha at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 15:31:34 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I live in the western part of the state and received my undergraduate
degree several years ago. I am now looking at a few graduate programs
and would like to see if any of you can give feedback about any of the
following schools: UNC Wilmington, NC State University, and UNC
Greensboro. I know that having a strong Disability Services office and
a campus culture that is open to people who are blind can make life so
much more pleasant when one is trying to focus on studies and does not
need distractions such as worrying about getting appropriate
accommodations, etc. And I am sure that will be even more important at
the graduate level. So do any of you have any experience at any of
these schools? Also, I would be open to any insight any of you have
about being a blind grad student in general. Thanks in advance!

Shickeytha