[Ncabs] Convention Monies

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 17:29:53 UTC 2013

All,

I've had a few inquires about financial help with state convention.
I've stated hundreds of times that I'm dedicated to helping each and
every person attend NFB activities.  My actions should speak louder
than words.  For example, we paid for people to attend Washington
Seminar and National Convention and I secured funding to help pay for
hotel rooms for the Wrightsville Beach Seminar.  Further, next year we
will have a scholarship committee that its purpose is to help raise
funds and give money to people for these types of things.  Finally,
I've been very slack in making people pay their registration fee
upfront.  Only one person has actually paid so far.  Some people have
said they needed more time to get me the money and others have simply
not contacted me at all.

Communication is essential in letting me know what your needs are.
I'm not inside your head so I don't know your particular situation.
For those who have contacted me, I've advised them to bring up the
issue on our call Monday night.  As the President, I can only spend
money when it is approved by you, the members.  Therefore, you must
communicate your needs to me so that we can solve the problem together
and I can help you find the best way to get what you need.

Again, if you have concerns about state convention let me know and
bring them up on the Monday call.  As it stands, NFB of NC has given
us a $10 discount and the discounted hotel rate is about 50% off the
normal rate and some of us are getting even better deals by sharing
rooms.  Also, WFB has been nice enough to only charge us $20 for their
van, which is significantly cheaper than Greyhound.  My point is that
NCABS money should go to people who really need the financial help
since we are already getting such a great discount.

Have a great Friday.

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Special Education Teacher, Wake County Public School System