[Ncabs] Google Hangouts

Shickeytha Chandler via Ncabs ncabs at nfbnet.org
Sat May 17 16:19:13 UTC 2014

Travis,

Thank you for answering the questions. The university where I will be
attending grad school also uses gmail/google. You make a good point
that schools that use this will likely use other Google services. So
with that in mind it is probably a good thing that this discussion has
prompted me to explore Google services more, regardless of what we end
up doing for the conference calls. I am still stuck on creating my
GooglePlus profile. I go to the date of birth menu to select my
response, and I click enter. Then JAWS says "button menu expanded" and
I try to arrow down, but instead of going to the next month, JAWS
moves to the next element on the page, just like it would do if I were
arrowing through the page and not in a menu/combo box. I have tried
several things to resolve this, both in Internet Explorer and Mozilla
Firefox, with no success. Not sure what is going on. Perhaps one of
the "glitches" JAWS has from time to time.

Again thanks for forwarding the tutorials. You did a good job on them,
and I'm sure it is helpful information for all of us.

Shickeytha