[Ncabs] Minutes from 9.8.14

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 02:11:54 UTC 2014

Attendance:

Alan Chase

Kevin Currin

Travis Sherrill

DJ Robinson

Miriam Dixon

Devonte Lewis

Kathryn Webster

On Monday, September 8, the North Carolina Association of Blind Students
(NCABS) met for the monthly conference call.

The North Carolina Association of Blind Students (NCABS) will be hosting a
jail fundraiser at the NFB of NC state convention.  Saturday morning of the
convention, four individuals have volunteered to be handcuffed in the front
and will not be freed until they have raised $100 each.  This money will go
directly to the North Carolina Association of Blind Students (NCABS).

Also, If NCABS raises $100 on our own (we cannot use the money raised by
the other individuals and call it our own), Alan Chase, our president, will
be arrested by an actual officer during the banquet.

Miriam Dixon also joined our call and gave us a rundown on the convention
agenda.

The NCABS business meeting will be held Saturday morning from 11:30-1:30 in
the hotel restaurant.  NCABS will pay for part of the lunch.

New Officer Elections:

At the business meeting, NCABS will hold elections for open offices in
NCABS.  This includes president, 1st vice president, 2nd vice president,
treasurer, and secretary.  If you know ahead of time that you would like to
run for a particular office, you can put it out on the list serve.  If you
are unsure, you can make it known in the business meeting as nominations
will be taken from the floor.

Alan for President:

On Sunday morning, when the elections are held for the offices of the
National Federation for the Blind of North Carolina (NFB of NC), someone
will nominate Alan Chase for president.

Meeting adjourned.

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Exceptional Children Program Facilitator, Durham Public Schools