[Ncabs] Kathryn Webster for NCABS President

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:46:21 UTC 2014

Good morning NCABS!
	For those of you who do not know me, My name is Kathryn Webster and I am a sophomore at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I am currently pursuing a double major in Mathematical Business and Political Science, with a minor in Computer Science and a concentration in Statistics. Outside of my academic endeavors, I row for the Wake Forest Crew team, serve as a Senator in Wake Forest Student Government, and hold various leadership positions in different organizations on and off campus. I am writing you today to inform you all of my intent to run for President of the North Carolina Association of Blind Students this coming Saturday at our annual Business meeting. I have been involved in the Federation for over two years now, however my full efforts started just last year. After winning a national scholarship and attending National Convention, I enveloped myself in the work of the Federation. I currently serve as a Board Member of the NFB of Connecticut, 1st Vice President of the Connecticut Association of Blind students, and as a Board Member of the Science and Engineering Division.
This past summer, I was a group leader at the Envisioning Youth Empowerment (EYE) Retreat, coordinated by Alan Chase. I have a passion for building the movement and proving our independence to those around us.
I am honored to be apart of such a great organization, and I hope I can follow in Alan’s influential footsteps as I take on the role as NCABS President.
I thoroughly look forward to interacting with you all this coming weekend at State Convention, and am open to any questions, comments, or concerns. Regardless, though, I would love to just have a conversation with all of you, so please reach out!
Vote Kathryn Webster for NCABS President!
Thank you.

Yours,
Kathryn C. Webster
(203) 273-8463