[Nebraska-senior-blind] NFBN June Telephone Meeting - Monday the 16th & Who is minding the store/Division

Robert Leslie Newman via Nebraska-senior-blind nebraska-senior-blind at nfbnet.org
Tue Jun 3 13:15:58 UTC 2014

Hi you all

RE: Next phone meeting & our President is gone, and the Vice has stepped up

And so here is what you need to know to join us for our June meeting:

The date: Monday the 16th

The time for the call: 6:00 PM Mountain and 7:00 PM Central

The phone number you will dial: 267-507-0400

Access code: 203747Pound And the times for us are 2:00 CT and 1:00 MT

Before talking about our upcoming meeting- Do try and get on the next
National Senior Division's conference call which will occur tomorrow, June
4th. The speaker is Jenifer Wensil, and the topic is cooking by touch.

The phone number is: 1-712-432-1500 And the access code is: 759633Pound

The times for us are: CT 2:00 and MT 1:00

About our meeting- MMM, I don't recall if a topic was set.who can help with
this? And or, who has a special need for something for us to discuss? One
topic that is  always on my mind is, expanding our membership; finding those
who need what we have to offer.

And now talking about Vice.. Yeah, Fatos and Michael have moved south.
Oklahoma is Mike's home state; his mother still lives there. And so as
Robert's Rule of order states (I've never read the book). When the
President's chair is vacated, the next Chair in line takes over the duties
which are normally carried out by the President. And you know, elections
will be coming along soon, in October during state convention, at our annual
meeting. And so, there may be other ways of handling this situation, I am
open for discussion!

What I think I'll be doing is have a division Board  meeting before our next
monthly phone meeting. (Board members, watch for my next message; we can
figure out a time.)

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

http://www.thoughtprovoker.info <http://www.thoughtprovoker.info/>

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website-

http://writers.nfb.org

Chair, NFB Communications Committee

Vice President, Nebraska Senior Division

First Vice President, Omaha Chapter

Commissioner, Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired