[Nebraska-senior-blind] NFBN Senior Division Call Tonight - One topic is our state convention

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Mon Jun 16 13:16:34 UTC 2014

Dear Senior division Members

RE: our call tonight, hope to see all of you there!

In terms of what we talk about tonight. First and foremost, we need to see
if any of us has an issue to bring up for discussion; members needs are
always to be attended to.

Second topic. We the Board would like to get your feedback on a few
specifics relating to our annual convention meeting (MMM, our only
face-to-face gathering). Recall it will be in Omaha. Below are a few
thoughts and questions that the Board discussed in our most recent meeting:

#1 With the knowledge that after the senior meeting, there will be a
workshop on exercise, it was concluded that mental exercise might be an
important topic.  Robert will contact appropriate agencies to see if someone
can come and talk to our division about keeping mentally alert; possibly
with some mental games to help with memory.

#2 Fund raising at convention or before: We have raffle tickets available.
We need to discuss whether we want to sell tickets before and during the
state convention, or just wait until convention. (The scheme would be a
50-50 split the pot.)

We could also discuss whether we should again, sell pieces of cake at the
meeting as a fund raiser.

#3 Nancy asked about whether she should be taking notes as a part of the
monthly senior conference call; decision to be made after talking with other
members.

#4 Have a brief discussion about the order of events at the Senior Division
annual meeting at state convention.  Among the subjects were when to have
election, when to have the national representative speak, how long to have
registration open before lunch, paying for lunch of any speakers we might
have about mental exercise.

The call in numbers are: 267-507-0400

Access# 203747Pound

Times: 7:00 CT and 6:00 MT

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

 <http://www.thoughtprovoker.info/> http://www.thoughtprovoker.info

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website-

http://writers.nfb.org

Chair, NFB Communications Committee

Vice President, Nebraska Senior Division

First Vice President, Omaha Chapter

Commissioner, Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired