[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division Convention Meeting Agenda Draft

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 13:33:11 UTC 2019

Hi You All

Check out the below draft agenda for the 2019 Senior Division convention
meeting. Tonight, we will be finalizing plans for convention.

NFBN Senior division

2019 Convention Meeting Agenda

October 11th in Columbus

8:45 - Registration - Cheryl, Nancy, and one more to greet, and settle
people in our room.

Topic - My life with blindness; What do I need to know?

We, the members of the NFBN Senior division are a group living with
blindness. For some of us our blindness is still new, stressful, and
controlling much of our life. Others of us are old hands at being blind;
either blind from birth, or from decades back, and living the life we want.
the NFBN Senior Division is our greatest resource to learn about living with
blindness.

9:00 - Meeting is called to order - Barbara welcomes everyone; she lays out
the agenda. The NFB Pledge is given.

Introductions- 1 minute: All give their name and town. Then, give a
statement of what is their most critical   question/need they have relating
to blindness.

National Rep talks to our members.

Discussion of our work with the Activities Association of Omaha; Cameo
Rogers.

Clickers are handed out.

Fit breaks are discussed.

Elections

Alternative Techniques Sharing: Small groups, or one-on-one sharing of
information and/or hands on training.