[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] September 30 Fund-Raising Meeting

Barbara Loos beloos at neb.rr.com
Wed Oct 6 03:33:38 UTC 2021

Thank you, Linda.

Barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: Nebraska-Senior-Blind <nebraska-senior-blind-bounces at nfbnet.org> On
Behalf Of Linda Mentink via Nebraska-Senior-Blind
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 8:40 PM
To: nebraska-senior-blind at nfbnet.org
Cc: Linda Mentink <lmentink7360 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Nebraska-Senior-Blind] September 30 Fund-Raising Meeting

Good evening All,

I attended said meeting last Thursday evening, and tried to take notes.
Maybe this will help us with some ideas for our division?

Blessings,

Linda

Fund-raising meeting 9/30

What's the first step in any fund-raising effort? Brainstorm, not just raise
money.  Do a budget for the year.  How much to state or national.

Focus on valuing each fund-raiser.  Socrates and Jesus asked questions; you
should too.  Is it consistent with our mission? No dining events.  Does it
make the NFB stronger?

Aoalyze event by its costs (not only monetary, but time, emotional energy)
and benefits (public awareness, chapter building, espouses our philosophy
and brings our chapter together).

Stewarding donors: it's easier to grow a donor than to acquire one.  Give
them an award.  Ask some questions: Too much information or not enough?
Venmo, Zell, Square electronic payments.  What would you like to know?

Ideas: table in front of or in stores; Social Media events like companies
such as Double Good, car wash, sponsorship of convention (vendors fair with
paid tables, different levels with different sized ads, sponsorship packages
already available, partners such as Comcast), bike-a-thon, walk-a-thon, let
members be sponsors, raffle, auction themed baskets, matching funds.

What is the number one reason people don't give money? They were never
asked.  Research shows that on average, ask seven times.

Grants: read and reread guidelines.

mfrench at nfb.org to access templates and all other information.