[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division- August meeting - two days away, Monday the 8th

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 14:13:58 UTC 2022

Hi You All

RE: Our August meeting is two days away- Monday the 8th

TOPIC: We review recent division, affiliate, and national happenings and
discuss upcoming events.

Contents of this message:

*1: When and how to get on our monthly call

*2: Agenda

*3 The NFB Pledge

*4 Secretary report

*1: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday August 8th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*2: Agenda

-First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by Robert

--OLD BUSINESS

-What happened at National Convention

-Update from our membership Committee- Nancy and Jerry

-Update on the two fund raising opportunities that have come up: and
planning out next steps

-Commissioners report

-NFBN Affiliate report; by all who attended the last board meeting

--NEW BUSINESS

-Whatever else we get from the membership

-Brags and Drags

*3: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.

*4 Minutes from the June meeting (if you have not seen them):

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING

SECRETARY'S REPORT

Monday, June 13, 2022

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, June 13, 2022. In the
absence of president Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos called the
meeting to order at 7:04 PM CDT. Members present were: Vice President
Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board
Member Nancy Oltman, Chris Boone, Jo Boshart, Melvin Forster, Brad Loos, and
Steve Senteney. Guests present were: Dorothy Babel, Kathy Brahmer, Bernie
Reetz, and John Wick from Nebraska.

Barbara mentioned that Jamie sent a link to a survey for the Nebraska
Commission for the Blind services.

Our national convention is coming up in three weeks, July 5-10 in New
Orleans. There is a virtual option via streaming. She explained a little
about that. The agenda isn't out yet.

John Wick was our guest speaker. He is a long-distance runner. He shared his
background, talked about exercise equipment and explained how he runs with a
sighted person. He mentioned that he is writing a book. He answered
questions.

Linda recited our NFB Pledge. Robert will recite it at our August meeting.

Linda read the May Secretary's Report. Barbara mentioned that Merry-Noel
Chamberlain was also in attendance. The report will be made a part of the
permanent record of the organization.

Cheryl read the June Treasurer's Report. It will be made a part of the
financial record of the organization.

We talked about contacting new and potential members. Chris offered to make
calls.

FUND-RAISING. Nancy reported that Tricia Waechter decided to donate four
custom-designed hoodies from very small to 5x. After some discussion, Jo
moved, Chris seconded, that we have an online auction the weekend of October
21-23, 2022. We will be auctioning four custom-designed hoodies donated by
Blind Girl Designs. The motion carried. There was no update on Vanda.

We shared brags and drags.

After some discussion about whether to continue recording our meetings,
Linda moved, Chris seconded, that we discontinue the recording. The motion
carried.

Nancy asked about COVID testing for the convention, and members explained
the process.

Chris is looking for places for our 2023 state convention in Lincoln, and
it's exciting.

There was no further business. Chris moved, many seconded, that we adjourn.
The motion carried. We adjourned at 8:58 PM CDT.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, June 13, 2022