[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] FW: Research Opportunity

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:25:30 UTC 2022

Greetings,

Please read below for a research opportunity involving young children.  If
you know of anyone who might qualify for this study please pass this
information along to them.  Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely,

Jamie K. Richey, President

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

Greetings!

My name is Lindsay Bals, and I am currently a speech-language pathology
graduate student at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I work alongside Dr.
Kevin Pitt in the Augmentative and Alternative Communication Translation
(AACT) Lab on campus. We are currently seeking participants in our current
research study, "Using Motion in Brain-Computer Interface". How individuals'
brains process different computer displays, such as those that utilize
moving images, remains largely unexplored. Therefore, the aims of this study
are to evaluate how different computer displays impact brain waves, and the
impacts on brain-computer interface performance. We are currently recruiting
children aged 8-13 years old with a diagnosis of cortical visual impairment
(also known as cerebral visual impairment). We are also recruiting healthy
children, and those with physical difficulties due to a diagnosis of a
neuromotor impairment (e.g., cerebral palsy). Participants must be without a
history of seizures or implanted electronic devices (e.g., a pacemaker). If
you know of any eligible participants, we ask that you may share this
information with them and with your organization as a whole. We greatly
appreciate your consideration.

Contact information:

Lindsay Bals- lbals2 at huskers.unl.edu <mailto:lbals2 at huskers.unl.edu>

Kevin Pitt- Kevin.pitt at unl.edu <mailto:Kevin.pitt at unl.edu>