[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] FW: Upcoming Legislative Event: Attend Our Great Gathering-In on Monday (CC & Spanish)

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 22:23:41 UTC 2023

Hello,

Below is updated Zoom information for tomorrow’s Great Gathering-In from Washington Seminar!

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28645&qid=8304972>

Major Advocacy Event Next Week: Join Us! (CC and Spanish Available)

There’s a chill in the air, a new Congress on the hill, and hundreds of blind people about to travel to D.C. It’s time for the National Federation of the Blind 2023 Washington Seminar!

This year’s Washington Seminar officially gets underway on Monday, January 30 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time with the Great Gathering-In, our annual opening session of Federation members from all across the country to discuss our legislative priorities for the year. Please join us.

Review the fact sheets for the each of the three issues and the full 2023 Washington Seminar agenda with Zoom details at  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28646&qid=8304972> nfb.org/washington-seminar.

Zoom Details for the Great Gathering-In

The Zoom platform includes closed captions and Spanish interpretation. Join the Zoom Meeting before 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time to catch commentary from the Nation's Blind Podcast hosts, Anil Lewis and Melissa Riccobono.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28647&qid=8304972> https://zoom.us/j/94281893953

One tap mobile:+13017158592,,94281893953#

1CapApp: https://ennis.1capapp.com/event/nfb  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28648&qid=8304972>

Your Story Makes a Difference—Yes, You!

Get involved by sharing your experiences. Washington Seminar kicks off our legislative agenda for the year. We need change in a set of priorities, and your stories will make change—not only now, but throughout the year.

*    Website and Software Accessibility – share your experiences navigating online spaces.

*    Inaccessible Medical Devices – what medical device(s) do you currently use that isn’t accessible, and what is the impact on your life and those of your family and friends?

*    Social Security Disability Insurance – have you held back from advancing your career, due to the fear of losing benefits?

More stories means more progress. Tell us about you and one or more of the above topics. Please email  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28649&qid=8304972> story at nfb.org or leave a voice message at 2444. Stories will be highlighted in communications such as social media, publications, and emails.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28650&qid=8304972>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28651&qid=8304972>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28652&qid=8304972>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=28653&qid=8304972>