[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] - not kidding!5 Links to SUPER TECH resources

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 17:49:28 UTC 2023

Hi You All

The below links come from a newsletter/email that I receive on Thursday of
each week- Top Tech Tidbits. Some of you will know some of this.

1) Top 5 Most Clicked Tidbits From Last Week

A.) 101 iOS & iPadOS Apps Developed Specifically for Blind or Low Vision
Users (6.5% of all clicks.)
Publisher: While Top Tech Tidbits does indeed have its own BVI App Directory
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UhlLuR95a7na0NzeVLMhBwjgHdzTmahMsBUigFgrK_m
CcSIa4k3SBEeXYgvTRW7syCLZnGj_jjZOFfw-FMfVh85EK3GOYwfufAwKes-KaPsEMe9eG_xG4SA
6gvegWolz_xEYrMa8d0UjuurnPUxlGm7iCmzkO59VomIw9bq9sC8dnwFCxx88vnlOattBPtGGj23
DpV5bXAzVSaA7oB4p9XLYbFoe33WHqjGpLG9nSt8=&c=fLmbka7Ul_EwB8gaDmnVRqzEq5Gc5lvc
C2R_ZQVfU_trFb3kppGc3w==&ch=dyh-BBHmGf_jiebtdKFuV_1IjPgmZhmPD0wbplrPsNMf_Z3l
5N6tVw==> , it simply pales in comparison to the one offered by AppleVis.
Currently our favorite compilation in this regard:
https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/apps-for-blind-or-low-vision-users
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UhlLuR95a7na0NzeVLMhBwjgHdzTmahMsBUigFgrK_m
CcSIa4k3SBL2dYTIIKlPTH9MXVMBc2V4WJPFitYEfEehRWNMqFd5UsO72ELwF577NZjWAi3pY30G
wYUT5-U7i0W84J1jPJxbwMGGMAdDBjkM-9_Y_dsBMENvO--sXc7X6u5p4oFeyz5p0AnkEpmKgvld
lmiDDulBvvp7D-8ZzCw==&c=fLmbka7Ul_EwB8gaDmnVRqzEq5Gc5lvcC2R_ZQVfU_trFb3kppGc
3w==&ch=dyh-BBHmGf_jiebtdKFuV_1IjPgmZhmPD0wbplrPsNMf_Z3l5N6tVw==>

B.) The Apps Most Recommended by the AppleVis Community (5.7% of all
clicks.)
Publisher: This list of apps from the directory are ranked by number of
AppleVis user recommendations:
https://www.applevis.com/apps/recommended-most
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UhlLuR95a7na0NzeVLMhBwjgHdzTmahMsBUigFgrK_m
CcSIa4k3SBL2dYTIIKlPT0E55Q1ZZUO5FxJl-bmsDYtW1FlWBR21EVjEDxpnfBw_mHBaXfeHjaNS
u9hxXkwuiknCkewgxhqle1EwvW7ZcMk_o-LMqXQWG7AkeHEfuECNdlepX6sUitg==&c=fLmbka7U
l_EwB8gaDmnVRqzEq5Gc5lvcC2R_ZQVfU_trFb3kppGc3w==&ch=dyh-BBHmGf_jiebtdKFuV_1I
jPgmZhmPD0wbplrPsNMf_Z3l5N6tVw==>

C.) JAWS with Microsoft Office Power Tip: Creating And Editing Signatures In
Microsoft Outlook With JAWS (4.6% of all clicks.)
Courtesy of Freedom Scientific
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UhlLuR95a7na0NzeVLMhBwjgHdzTmahMsBUigFgrK_m
CcSIa4k3SBExAFj1B2P8KYKIsJTHN_T6P00N3EN-Q3_hMUlk_mKr6vKAUkhDfTf0DCk7t4y27m-h
99mNX7MuO2SMyknKly7XYGqydA3ooKQKPud0ZjgcW&c=fLmbka7Ul_EwB8gaDmnVRqzEq5Gc5lvc
C2R_ZQVfU_trFb3kppGc3w==&ch=dyh-BBHmGf_jiebtdKFuV_1IjPgmZhmPD0wbplrPsNMf_Z3l
5N6tVw==> :
https://www.toptechtidbits.com/139.html
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UhlLuR95a7na0NzeVLMhBwjgHdzTmahMsBUigFgrK_m
CcSIa4k3SBL2dYTIIKlPTZZmuNTajdR5MhMzr4r_lIiFh0VXq87mJ26yk8H3_5saXUfilTgxvRSJ
BNg3FZeW4prOaJRa2CCaIDNFFDLG6fFyaPKDA_UsCVfQb4j4g5q0=&c=fLmbka7Ul_EwB8gaDmnV
RqzEq5Gc5lvcC2R_ZQVfU_trFb3kppGc3w==&ch=dyh-BBHmGf_jiebtdKFuV_1IjPgmZhmPD0wb
plrPsNMf_Z3l5N6tVw==>

D.) 10 Things You Didn't Know ChatGPT Could Do (4.5% of all clicks.)
Here are 10 incredible things you likely didn't know you could do with
ChatGPT. The list below courtesy of @thesyedhuq
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UhlLuR95a7na0NzeVLMhBwjgHdzTmahMsBUigFgrK_m
CcSIa4k3SBL2dYTIIKlPT2ht98s9MMEvaul6CccfWrzS9-_rr1BfOO4httlH0XPNur7HldrFiYBB
KeFSLut1DT6N5JPH7mKOt2C1Owh5eGA==&c=fLmbka7Ul_EwB8gaDmnVRqzEq5Gc5lvcC2R_ZQVf
U_trFb3kppGc3w==&ch=dyh-BBHmGf_jiebtdKFuV_1IjPgmZhmPD0wbplrPsNMf_Z3l5N6tVw==
>  on Twitter, who recently went on a ChatGPT deep dive, exploring every
facet of its capabilities:
https://www.ghacks.net/10-things-you-didnt-know-chatgpt-could-do/
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UhlLuR95a7na0NzeVLMhBwjgHdzTmahMsBUigFgrK_m
CcSIa4k3SBL2dYTIIKlPTMc434LElHQu5TxA0ewAcS5DQcetfFEgjlV2q9kHyw7m9Dnh8sJRbliX
COzAuBlviBEmM3n5EG4oKpEkTjEJ7MfrNlt58TJGxsrzb_Xnd0spGCEUIBqNzBWU63P-s_myyD20
7VgC1O3A=&c=fLmbka7Ul_EwB8gaDmnVRqzEq5Gc5lvcC2R_ZQVfU_trFb3kppGc3w==&ch=dyh-
BBHmGf_jiebtdKFuV_1IjPgmZhmPD0wbplrPsNMf_Z3l5N6tVw==>

E.) One Of The Last New Argonauts: A Review of the ARGUS II Artificial
Retinal Implant By Ross A. Doerr (4.1% of all clicks.)
Publisher: We open this week with a very special review. This reader, Ross
A. Doerr, wrote in to ask if we might be interested in helping to share his
story with our readership. And we're so very glad that he did. Ross is the
author of the book, "One Of The Last New Argonauts: A Review of the ARGUS II
Artificial Retinal Implant." In addition to being a cancer survivor, Ross
was also the first in the state of Maine (and only the 5th in New England)
to have an ARGUS II Bionic Eye (Artificial Retina) surgically implanted in
his right eye. This surgery was done at Tufts Medical Center in Boston in
April of 2019 with remarkable results. He provided us with a copy of his
manuscript for review and we knew instantly that readers would find the
information contained within it to be invaluable. So we offered to reformat
it for proper conversion into each of the current eBook formats for
accessible hosting on the Top Tech Tidbits website, to which Ross so very
graciously agreed. So now, instead of being trapped inside the pages of a
book, you can read the entire work online, for free (thanks to Ross) in 3
different accessible formats. An online (HTML) version of the book, a Word
Document, and a PDF. The Word Document and PDF are approximately 45 pages
long. All 3 formats provide a Table of Contents linked to each chapter. Each
chapter is designated by a heading. Click on any chapter name to return to
the Table of Contents (TOC). It is our sincerest hope that future
adventurers will utilize this information to help them make more informed
decisions about future bionic implants. Sincerest thanks to Ross for sharing
his story with us:
https://www.toptechtidbits.com/138.html
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001UhlLuR95a7na0NzeVLMhBwjgHdzTmahMsBUigFgrK_m
CcSIa4k3SBL2dYTIIKlPTvRxl54txfXThEM2Zrb-4qqHpfkdQ-sWjpnmxROxGvW8zsCZAObisyrr
J2eQGg_enQ8ksbBiSd0yzT7WDKwBefbZ2xVd-Q_9YDHpgfplc9uA=&c=fLmbka7Ul_EwB8gaDmnV
RqzEq5Gc5lvcC2R_ZQVfU_trFb3kppGc3w==&ch=dyh-BBHmGf_jiebtdKFuV_1IjPgmZhmPD0wb
plrPsNMf_Z3l5N6tVw==>

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman

NFBN Senior Division, President