[Nebraska-students] vacation with cane

Alli L naley.always.and.forever.xx at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 23:51:12 UTC 2011

Hey guys it's Alli,
I'm going on a road trip with my parents, brother and sister.  I'm going to see my friend in New York while they go on a cruise.  My friend knows that I am blind and is very helpful when I have trouble seeing, as is her family.  My family would like me to take my folding cane instead of a straight cane, because it fits better in small places (ie our van), and I can fold it up when I am with them and feel comfortable in the area I am familiar in.  I am very unfamiliar with the town my friend lives in, and found that it would've been nice to have a straight cane last time I was there (I believe I took the folding cane, but didn't find much use for it, because it didn't give me very useful information).  I know that it is safer for me to travel with a cane, but which one should I take?  The folding so that I can just fold it up when I am with my parents and let them help me or do I go against what my parents and siblings want and take the straight cane?  Any ideas would be helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Drop everything nowMeet me in the pouring rainKiss me on the sidewalkTake away the painCuz I see SPARKS FLY whenever you smileGet me with those green eyes baby As the lights go downGive me something that'll haunt me VWhen your not aroundCuz I see SPARKS FLY whenever you smile - Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift <3
Taylor won EOTY!  Congratulations guys!  Thank you so much!
Vote for Taylor at CMT.com for the CMT music awards!