[Nebraska-Students] Mark Your Calendar for the 2022 Annual NABS Business Meeting

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:35:41 UTC 2022

Greetings,

  Please read below for those planning to attend national convention.  This is a important part of the convention for students and you should make all effort to attend!  Plus their meetings are always fun and exciting!

Hey, students!
I can’t believe that convention season is already upon us! :O  With convention season, of course, comes some fantastic NABS events.
Our annual NABS business meeting will be taking place on the evening of Wednesday July 6 (more info will be sent out closer to the event). This is going to be an energizing night. Students, we have been waiting to be back in person for so long!!! Come join us to reflect on our work these last few tough years and envision our future.
We highly encourage everyone to preregister. This can be done by following the membership process below. This will ensure your participation in 2022 elections. In addition, this will save you from having to wait in the registration line at the door. We all dread those convention lines, right? ;) Please read the following information carefully. Follow all steps. If you are unsure of your membership status or have more general questions about the membership application process, please email Board Member Gene Kim at gene.sh.kim at gmail.com. If you have questions about payment options or want to confirm your dues were received, please email Treasurer Elizabeth Rouse at elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com.
All prospective members, both new and returning, will need to follow our updated process to be an active member of the national student division in 2022. Keep in mind, paying dues to your state student division or state affiliate is entirely separate from applying for NABS membership. Some of you have already completed this new process in this calendar year and have been notified of your membership status; however, we are sharing this information now, in preparation for national convention, so that any members wishing to participate in elections will be able to do so come July.
Important Note: Your membership application and dues payment must be received by June 30, 2022 to be eligible to participate in official business at the NABS Business Meeting at national convention. If you choose to apply for membership in-person on the day of our meeting, you will be able to participate in programming, but your individual vote will not be tallied for organizational matters that require a precise count.

Dues
As part of the criteria to become an active member, dues of $5 must be paid each year per our constitution https://nabslink.org/our-constitution
(see Article VII). If you have not paid your dues since January 1, 2022, we invite you to do so through any of the following mediums:
1.      PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/NABSPayments?locale.x=en_US, or send
payments to @NABSPayments
2.      Zelle: send payments to nabs.president at gmail.com
3.      Credit/debit card: Navigate to the “donate now” link at the top of our website www.nabslink.organd clearly indicate that your payment is for your membership dues in the notes field.
4.      Check: send checks to NABS Treasurer, Elizabeth Rouse, at PO Box 942 Durant, IA 52747. Checks must be postmarked by June 15 to insure timely receipt.
Always ensure to include your name and purpose for payment when using any/all of these platforms in order to guarantee your payment is linked to your membership application.

If you choose to apply for membership on the day of the meeting, rather than before June 30, we will accept cash or card at the door.
Membership Application
We are asking all new and returning members to also fill out the below linked membership application to ensure that we have up-to-date information on record.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScp_IYqTMPgjf3pxeRojn9UTbQW6cUXz7QkdL2S0hbzrjH0sQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Once both of these steps are complete, two scenarios are possible:

1.     If you have not been voted in by the board before, meaning you did not participate in elections last year through our Swift platform or receive confirmation of your membership between the close of convention and December 31, 2021, our board will review your application and vote on your membership status based off of the attached criteria. You will be notified of the decision regardless of the outcome.

2.     If you were an active member on or before December 31, 2021, you will not need to be voted in a second time, and will retain active membership status on the condition that you have completed the membership form and paid your dues for the current calendar year. You will still be notified when your form and dues have been processed.
In either case, if you have been notified that you are an active member, you will then be eligible to vote and run for a position at our business meeting.
See you all in New Orleans!
Best,
Nina