[New-york-news] FW: Book project by Jonathan Marin of the B/VI students

Rachel Bodek rybodek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 20:52:53 UTC 2019

Hi all,

See info and link below. let’s try to support Jonathan on this interesting and important project. No amount to donate is too little.

Thank you!

About  the project:

SEE US gives readers a rare and personal look into the lives of 5 visually impaired young adults from NYC as they juggle their responsibilities between home, and work. Those featured in this book share their feelings about their disability with candid photographs that expose readers to the lives of a group of teens experiencing adult hood.

As a Program Director for an internship program that serves blind and visually impaired young adults, this is a project that I feel will shed new light on people with visual impairments. Watching the participants in my program grow right before my eyes as they go through different work experiences through out the year has been a blessing. But this book is not a promotional tool for my program, it is to inform people that despite a visual impairment, these young adults from diverse backgrounds are eager to find their way in the world and show others what they can do, how they do it, and what they go through along the way.

The young adults featured in this book will be photographed during their summer 2019 work semester. Each working at a different site of their choice, all with different career goals.

If all goes well with the book, a documentary will follow.

Risks and challenges

My only concern will be to get the rewards sent out on time. Once they are delivered to me, I will send them to you! I promise to be open and up front about any changes in scheduling. If I am fortunate enough to exceed my goal the extra funds will go towards, fees, shipping costs, and hopefully more books to send out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jcmarin/working-title-see-us?ref=user_menu

Jonathan

--

Jonathan Marin

Program Director, Career Discovery Project

City Access of New York

1207 Castleton Avenue 2nd Fl

Staten Island, NY 10310

Cell: 347-552-1362