[New-york-news] Paid Usability Studay (not affiliated with library)

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Tue Mar 19 13:37:09 UTC 2019

Please follow the instructions below if you're interested in this study:
I'm circulating it just FYI, and don't have additional details about it.
Thanks!
SUBJECT: PAID Usability study in NYC, please share!

Knowbility, a nonprofit that advocates for equal technology access for all,
is conducting a usability study in Manhattan next week. They want to learn
more about barriers that blind and low vision users of Google Slides and
Google Sheets may face in normal use.  The study pays $150 plus
transportation costs for those who qualify.  To see if you are a match for
the study group they need, please do these two things - and spread the
word. We are recruiting more than 20 people to get a good insight into what
Google needs to fix. If you use Google slides and/or Google Sheets on a
regular basis, and if you ahve time next week to help, please:
1. Complete the screener survey for this specific study opportunity. Google
Product Study screener.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaXPQXTG7YCBM3XF0-WY-88YdKpqerUjhJoeJmGSmx1cN9fA/viewform?usp=sf_link>
2. If you are interested in occasional work like ths in the future, sign on
to the AccessWorks database:  access-works.com. Use the promo code aw-nyc
. Being on the database will make you eligible for this and future paid
usability studies, both in-person local and remote as they are available.
For more information, send email to access-works at knowbility.org or call
512-527-3138. Thanks, we appreciate your help!

--
Chancey S. Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator