[New-York-News] Advocating for Accessible Touchscreens in the Container Store

Timothy Elder telder at trelegal.com
Mon Oct 14 14:40:11 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,
The National Federation of the Blind has a pending nationwide case against the Container Store involving the accessibility of touchscreens in the physical stores.
The Federation won an important victory regarding forced arbitration clauses as noted in the following article:
<https://www.publicjustice.net/appeals-court-rejects-container-stores-hide-t
he-contract-tricks/>
https://www.publicjustice.net/appeals-court-rejects-container-stores-hide-th
e-contract-tricks/

 We now need to hear from blind people in New York who have shopped at the Container Store or have a desire to shop there in the future.  Please contact NFB attorney Tim Elder at telder at trelegal.com<mailto:telder at trelegal.com> or 415.873.9199 if you have recently shopped at a Container Store or would like to shop in the store in the future.  NFB is preparing to certify a class action in this matter.  We need your help to advocate for equal access to touchscreen devices in physical stores.

Thanks for your help with this matter.

Timothy Elder
Attorney
TRE Legal Practice
1155 Market Street, Tenth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: (415) 873-9199
Fax: (415) 952-9898

E-mail: telder at trelegal.com<mailto:telder at trelegal.com>
www.trelegal.com<http://www.trelegal.com/>
Twitter: @trelegal<https://twitter.com/TRELegal>
Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail may contain confidential information that may also be legally privileged and that is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized agent of the recipient, please be advised that any dissemination or copying of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance on the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by use of the Reply button, and then delete the e-mail from your system. Thank you!