[New-York-News] White House Event about vaccine access for people with disabilities - This Wednesday!!! Please Register Below to Attend

president at nfbny.org president at nfbny.org
Tue Apr 20 16:53:25 UTC 2021

Dear NACDD Network - I am very pleased to invite you all to attend a White
House Virtual Forum happening this Wednesday right after the Disability
Policy Seminar (DPS). NACDD is pleased to be a partner in this event with
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Below is a brief
summary of the event which focuses on barriers to the COVID-19 vaccines for
people with I/DD. Please register using one of the two formats shown below
if you are interested in attending.

Best,

Donna

On behalf of the White House COVID-19 Response Team and the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention, I am pleased to invite you to a virtual
forum - Breaking Down Barriers for People Who Have Challenges Accessing
COVID-19 Vaccination - on Wednesday, April 21 at 2:30 pm EDT. This event
will last approximately 90 minutes and is being hosted by Dr. Bechara
Choucair, the National Vaccinations Coordinator for the White House COVID-19
Response Team. This event is an opportunity to share best practices and
lessons learned from public health efforts to improve COVID-19 vaccine
access for people with disabilities and people who are unable to leave their
home. President Biden recently
<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=17b380c2-4828b9c8-17b14c08-0cc47a6d17
a8-4f93e0e8f52019d9&q=1&e=2f74e357-3ecb-4f0c-894b-bfacc5cc5ae4&u=https%3A%2F
%2Furldefense.com%2Fv3%2F__https%3A%2F%2Fwww.whitehouse.gov%2Fbriefing-room%
2Fspeeches-remarks%2F2021%2F03%2F29%2Fremarks-by-president-biden-on-the-covi
d-19-response-and-the-state-of-vaccinations%2F__%3B%21%21EErPFA7f--AJOw%21QM
-vBTZINMGWmEv7nlcSIel5uYTN8wbptDTCZwKrT1FL9pALfTEZ64aeUQrKeeNCuec6%24>
spoke of the importance of improving access to vulnerable seniors and people
with disabilities when he announced new funding from the U.S. Department of
Health and Human Services to promote that objective. I hope you will join us
in building on this work as we collectively share and learn more about how
U.S. public health officials are promoting health equity and getting shots
in the arms of the most vulnerable Americans.

White House Virtual Forum on

Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Time: 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM EDT

You may register for this event here:
https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_wNKCooVLQumLL6jREtjE_Q
<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=bdee5309-e2756a03-bdec9fc3-0cc47a6d17
a8-ea19d764ac82a6f0&q=1&e=2f74e357-3ecb-4f0c-894b-bfacc5cc5ae4&u=https%3A%2F
%2Furldefense.com%2Fv3%2F__https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zoomgov.com%2Fwebinar%2Fregiste
r%2FWN_wNKCooVLQumLL6jREtjE_Q__%3B%21%21EErPFA7f--AJOw%21QM-vBTZINMGWmEv7nlc
SIel5uYTN8wbptDTCZwKrT1FL9pALfTEZ64aeUQrKeT62rJ0y%24>

Relay Captions will be available at this event. A link to this service will
be provided during the event. If you do not see the link, please email
dhddodrequests at cdc.gov <mailto:dhddodrequests at cdc.gov> .

An ASL Interpreter will be present.

Attendees who require reasonable accommodations for this event should
contact dhddodrequests at cdc.gov <mailto:dhddodrequests at cdc.gov>  by April 20,
2021.

This event will be recorded and shared with individuals who have registered
for this event.

Please send any questions about this event to dhddodrequests at cdc.gov
<mailto:dhddodrequests at cdc.gov>  by April 20, 2021.