[NFB-Braille-Discussion] World braille day

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 13:48:39 UTC 2020

I learned braille when I was around 2 or 3 years old. Thanks to the recent lower-cost braille displays like the orbit reader20, I can participate more fully in my community by reading in church, thanks to braille. And next month when I get the braille me display, with its cursor router buttons, I'll be able to edit easier and quicker with the computer and iPod touch. After that when I get the electric perkins brailler, that will allow me to write braille even faster, on paper, than I can with the standard manual perkins brailler. I am looking forward to having both of those. And last, I'll be saving up for duxbury braille translator and a braille buddy embosser so I can get documents and stuff from my computer into paper braille if I wish, or transcribe small things for people if needed. I've had my standard perkins brailler since 1987 and it still works great.

Josh

Sent from my iPod