[NFB-Braille-Discussion] braille formatting issue

Paul Ferrara pferrara at aph.org
Wed May 5 17:00:55 UTC 2021

All,
If you are transcribing a brochure or lesson that has alt text, my understanding is that it is best to surround that alt text with transcriber's note indicators; however, in the file I received, I see the word "image" in brackets right before the alt text.
Do you think it is best to keep the word "image" and the brackets since it describes that the upcoming text is alt text or would it be better to remove the word and the brackets and just surround the alt text with transcriber's notes?
To reiterate, the word "Image" with the brackets is there to indicate alt text; that is something the designer did; I can keep or remove it.
Which is best?
Thank you.

Paul Ferrara, CPACC, ADS, Certified Braille Transcriber
Communications Accessibility Editor, Dot6
American Printing House
1839 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY 40206
Main 502 895 2396
pferrara at aph.org

[cid:image001.png at 01D741AE.AEB06630]
[JAWS Certified, 2019]<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>