[nfb-db] Crossing Streets?

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:57:34 UTC 2012

Scott and Alicia,

I completely agree.  This could be a confidence issue, but if it is,
it is because you can't be confident in doing a task if you don't have
the means to do it successfully.
How have NFB travel instructors modified travel instruction for people
who are deafblind in the past?

Kerri, would you feel comfortable using a street-crossing sign if the
center allowed it?  Perhaps a trial use of this sign or another
technique would show your instructor that it isn't confidence but
hearing loss which is the challenge, in this instance?
Best of luck!
Also, I'm in New Orleans, and there is a big Deafblind group in
Lafayette if you are ever down our way! :)

Rox and the 16 paws:
Bristol, Mill'E, Laveau, Baylee!
. "Never interrupt someone doing something you said couldn't be done."

http://pawpower4me.blogspot.com
  pawpower4me at gmail.com