[nfb-db] questions about Nexus 4 smartphone

maurice mines kd0iko at icloud.com
Tue Aug 6 01:11:40 UTC 2013

At the risk of saying me to, from everything that I know about the android platform is basically what others have said, if your low vision great but if you are totally blind and primarily use braille, the jury is Fars I know anyway is definitely out on this matter. Personally I use an iPhone, because I can understand its speech and am very familiar with his controls. And if I had a Bluetooth braille display things would work out even better I believe. On the computer side of things in case this comes up in the future, both the Apple Macintosh platform and of course Windows have very good braille display access when it comes to braille. I use both the braille display drivers to drive my braille sense classic and the provided braille display driver for windows when using JAWS version 14 running on Windows 8 professional. Of course this is with a few minor tweaks which I would be happy to go into for those who are technically inclined. Hope this helps sincerely Maurice. Have a great evening all.